The research activities of the SIG DM contribute to the field of engineering design research especially in the development of methodologies and tools in order to support the decision maker and to describe the decision-making situation.
The selection of promising ideas represents a decision-making process which can be characterized as complex, dynamic and multi-staged process which has multiple and often conflicting objectives as well as involves different groups of decision makers. In this SIG the following area are studied:
- Performance of decisions;
- Description of the individual decision maker;
- Information & knowledge and their uncertainty within the decision-making process;
- Methods & tools supporting the decision makers;
- Overall description of the decision-making situation;
- Closing the gap between scientific approaches and industrial practice.
The steering committee members are Prof. Sandro Wartzack, Prof. Julie Le Cardinal, and Dr Camille Jean